I recently attended the most beautiful trend presentation for Fall/Winter 2015/16 presented by the Italian group, Lineapelle. The crux of the presentation revolved around light, and specifically asked us to consider, “what influence does light play in our lives?” and “what’s it’s role in the modern world?”
Against the premise that “color is light,” and that we are seeing a shift towards transparencies and whitening, Lineapelle’s color trends were as follows.
Trend #1, called “DETOX,” includes softer and lighter pastels.
Trend #2, entitled “TONING,” is about seeing life through saturated colors.
Trend #3, called “EX BLACK,” moves away from strictly black to one that incorporates a heavy addition of black in to colors to it give an effect of being almost black.
Trend #4, called “DECANTER,” is made up of deep and warm purples.
Some of the notable observations of what is trending included that
1) There’s a crossover between food and fashion.
2) There’s a new attitude of what beauty means, and with it is a move towards authenticity and “normality” including the embracing of our (women’s) curves as well as a “selfie” aesthetic.”
3) We’re seeing natural fibers, including tweeds, together with precise tailoring to create a contemporary feeling and nostalgia at same time
4) We are seeing a push to take back control of what we are doing and going “hyperlocal” with an emphasis on starting with quality materials.
5) Textiles will be light, airy and curvy.
6) There’s a strive for simplicity and minimalism but with character, and smooth clean finishes.
7) There’s a visionary aspect of the season that includes intelligent fibers and products, and wearable technology.
8) Imperfection is the new perfection.
9) We’re seeing strong leather e.g., grained leather in camel and oak colors, and steel influences.
10) Oxidization, cracked finishes and polishes or glosses and emerging as trends.
11) Gold’s prominence is taking a back seat and we’re seeing it in smaller details now, more as embellishments.
12) Upholstery looks, and very ornate and rich patterns are trending.
13) Reflected geometries.
14) Fashion is interested in automobile design - smooth designs.
15) Maxi length in coats and dresses.
16) An oversizing of minimal.
Hope you enjoyed reading this trend information!
We invite you to join us on Facebook by *liking* our page at www.facebook.com/FashionCompliance
Have questions or comments?
Learn more at www.fashioncompliance.com or
Tweet us @fashcompliance on www.twitter.com or
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org